Budget/Annual Financial Reports

Proposed BudgetFinal BudgetAnnual Financial ReportAudited Financials
2016-2017 Budget2016-2017 School Year2016-2017 Audit
2017-2018 Budget2017-2018 School Year2017-2018 Audit
2018-2019 Budget2018-2019 School Year2018-2019 Audit
2019-2020 Budget2019-2020 School Year2019-2020 Audit
2020-2021 Proposed2020-2021 Budget2020-2021 School Year2020-2021 Audit
2021-2022 Proposed2021-2022 Budget2021-2022 School Year2021-2022 Audit
2022-2023 Proposed2022-2023 Budget
2023-2024 Proposed2023-2024 Budget

What is included in the Budget

For the 2021-2022 school year, General McLane adopted a general fund budget totaling $38,155,722. This budget includes costs to educate approximately 2,100 students in four schools.

Source of Funds

General McLane School District’s revenues come from various state, federal and local sources. About 54% of the revenue is from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth provides subsidies and grants for basic education, special education, health services and student transportation. The federal government provides about 2% of revenues in the form of Title I and Title II grants. Real estate and earned income taxes account for about 36% and 5% of revenues respectively.

Use of Funds

Employee Salaries and benefits constitute about 74% of expenses. The remaining 26% of expenses are purchases services, supplies & equipment, utilities and miscellaneous expenses.

(Same Expenses, Different Breakdown)

Per Student Expenditures

The statewide actual average instructional expense per student for 2015-16 was $9,755. The average for school districts in the Northwest Tri-County Intermediate Unit #5 was $8,567 and for General McLane School District was $7,418.

General McLane’s administrative expense per student was lower than its peers in I.U#5 and the state as a whole.

School District Liability

Periodically, a student may be accidentally injured while riding the bus, attending school, or while involved in a school-sponsored event. General McLane School District does not carry medical insurance for such claims and is not responsible for the bills incurred. Therefore, bills that are incurred should be provided to your own medical insurance carrier or otherwise paid by you.