In the General McLane School District, your child is more than a test score. While the Erie County district takes pride in its academic programs, it realizes there are many dimensions to a child that need to be developed. In order to continue offering some of the best schools in Erie County, PA, the district offers a wide variety of programs to address the whole child, while quality relationships among staff, parents and students are considered a priority.
General McLane School District was recognized as a high achieving/low spending school district by the Joint Government Commission of Pennsylvania, which means your child will achieve but you won’t pay inordinately high taxes.
The mission of the district is to “meet every child where they are to empower them to become all they are capable of being.” This mission plays out every day in classrooms where teachers work to motivate students to achieve their potential.
Some of the recognition received by the Erie County district:
- Named one of 100 best school districts in the nation by Offspring: The Magazine of Smart Parenting (Only northwest Pennsylvania school recognized.)
- Named one of 55 districts in Pennsylvania to receive “academic overperformer” status by Standard & Poor’s School Evaluation Services.
- Name #9 reason of the top 100 reasons to live in the Erie region by Erie Life magazine
- Member of the nationwide Successful Schools Network.
- Named to second annual list of America’s Best High Schools by U.S. News and World Report