Starting in March of 2018, General McLane School District will be switching to an online application system. All applications must be submitted via the new online system.
To apply for a job:
1. Read this manual first (the last pages address common questions)
2. Click on “Apply Now”
3. Click on the job that interests you
4. A prompt will come up asking if you are sure you wish to apply. Select ‘Yes’ if you wish to continue.
5. Create an account.
6. Upload your resume first! Your text from your resume will fill in part of the application and this makes this process much quicker!
7. Complete the application — and save as you go along – including: Education, Basic Details, Skills, Languages Known and Employment Preferences.
8. Be sure to upload your certificate, letters of recommendation, clearances and cover letter. All must be 1 MB with no special characters.
9. Once your profile is complete and all your check marks are accounted for, click job search to see the jobs available and apply to the position that you want.
10. Once your account is created, you can easily apply for new positions by simply clicking “Apply Now.” You can update tabs/information at any point before the expiration date of a job.
11. If at any point you need to head back to the log-in screen, you can click here.
12. If you run into errors, simply give the system a minute or two and try again. You may also need to:
• Try a different browser
• Log out and log back in
• Refresh your browser
Please make sure you are reading the manual and completing ALL tabs. There are thirteen tabs. Any incomplete applications at the time of the deadline will not be considered.
Job Selection Expectations:
Applications, resumes, letters of reference, and GM written essay sample will be reviewed to for required certification; demonstrated related knowledge, skills, and abilities; and ability to communicate effectively. As candidates progress through the selection process they may be asked to perform additional written exercises, complete panel interviews, and perform a sample lesson related to the subject area.
Open Positions (ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE IN BY END OF BUSINESS DAY BEFORE EXPIRATION DATE):
James W. Parker Middle School
Autistic Support Teacher Posting | Apply Now (Deadline: May 22, 2019)
May 27-28: First Round of Interviews
Week of June 3: Performance and Superintendent Interviews
June 19 — Recommendation to the Board
Emotional Support (Deadline: April 4, 2019)
Week of April 8: First Round of Interviews
Week of May 6: Performance and Superintendent Interviews
School Nurse (Deadline: April 4, 2019) | Certification: Valid Pennsylvania School Nurse Certificate | FILLED
Emotional Support (Deadline: April 4, 2019) FILLED
Guidance Counselor (Deadline: April 4, 2019) FILLED
*If you do not have a valid PA Teaching License, you can get on our Emergency Substitute List via the Northwest Northwest Tri-County Intermediate Unit. A Bachelor’s Degree is required. Please call 814-734-8404.
Teaching Application Procedure: Only online applications that meet 91% will be considered for any open position. A complete application includes:
- the online application
- the General McLane Applicant Essay
- Copies of transcript listing student teaching grade
- PA teaching certificate (If you have not received your certificate yet from PDE, provide a letter from your college dean stating that you have met academic and praxis requirements and that your certificate is in process)
- Four clearances (Child Abuse, Criminal, Fingerprint and PDE Form 6004) that are within five years
- Certificate of completion for Act 126 Training
- Act 168 Form (your employees’ verification does not need to be done, just complete the first section for each experience)
- Three letters of recommendation
All applications are done via our online software.
For more information, please contact:
Mrs. Marissa Orbanek
General McLane School District
The 2017-2018 Sub Rate is $82.00 per day and $41.00 per half day. If a substitute teacher works more than 45 days at the daily per diem rate of $82.00 in the 2017-2018 school year, a commitment bonus of $5.00 per day will be paid at the end of the school year. This bonus excludes long-term substitutes.