Who We Are
“Study hard what interests you the most
in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible.”
– Richard Feynmann
What is the General McLane Foundation?
The General McLane Foundation was founded in June 2005 as an organization designed exclusively for charitable educational purposes that would benefit the students of the General McLane School District, one of the public school districts in Erie County, PA. The Foundation is organized to provide funds through public support for three primary purposes:
- Student scholarships
- Innovative educational programs including staff development, development projects and educational research
- Capital improvements of athletic facilities for the improvement of sports and physical education programs
Where does the Foundation funding come from?
Foundation funding comes from three different areas:
- Memorials/Honorariums: Over the past thirty years, $429,800 has been donated in memory or honor of students, teachers and staff of General McLane School District. These memorials make up the majority of the principal of the GM Foundation. Each year interest accrued on this principal has been used to fund scholarships to graduating seniors.
- Local Corporations: Recently the Foundation has received contributions from local corporations through the Pennsylvania Educational Improvement Tax Credit program. Corporations may donate to the General McLane Foundation for a PA tax credit for corporate income, capital stock and bank trust taxes. These contributions fund our Pennsylvania approved Innovative Educational Programs: Inquiry-Based Science Program (K-6) and Balanced Literacy Initiative (K-3)
- Foundation Events
How can you help?
- Volunteer! The Holiday Arts Fair and Golf Outing are our two major fundraising events that are always seeking volunteers.
- Start an endowed scholarship! Individuals, businesses, and local organizations may establish a perpetual scholarship in memory of, in honor of or in recognition of an individual, business or local organization with a donation of $5,000 or more.
Board of Trustees
James Clapper, President
Carrie Crow, Vice President
Linda Rummel, Secretary
William Fendya, Treasurer
For more information, please contact Angela Maleski at 273-1033 ext. 5903 or email@example.com.